MENDOCINO CO., 7/24/26 — A third suspect was arrested Thursday in the investigation into the homicide of a Covelo woman, and Mendocino County sheriff’s investigators are looking to arrest a juvenile believed to be involved, the Sheriff’s Office said Friday.
The death of Josepha Littlewolf Basurto, 31, was ruled a homicide after an autopsy last week determined she died of a gunshot wound to the torso, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Basurto was found dead on July 9 at an illegal marijuana cultivation site in a truck that had been shot several times, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Continue reading for FREE
We just want to make sure you’re a human! Sign in to keep reading and receive our weekday newsletter in your inbox.
Success! Your account was created and you’re signed in.
Please visit My Account to manage your account.
