MENDOCINO Co., 12/5/19 — Now that Mendocino County has seen it’s first snow and heavy rains, it’s time to kick off the busy season of holiday events! This weekend, on December 6, 7, and 8, there will be a number of parades of lights, holiday family activities, art shows and fairs, and more happening all over Mendocino County. So we’ve put together a list together for you! Need to buy gifts, or something for yourself, or watch a parade, or check out some art? There’s probably something going on for you this weekend.
If you’re looking for a Christmas tree, remember you can go find the perfect one for yourself by getting a permit for the Mendocino National Forest.
Did we miss an event you know about? Comment or contact us at email@example.com and we’ll try to add it in.
- The third annual Caminata de Luces from Walk & Bike Mendocino will take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., and will include activities at the Grace Hudson Museum and all the various shows and events at Ukiah’s First Friday Art Walk. There will also be a book, craft, and bake sale at the Ukiah Library, which will continue through Saturday.
- The Mendocino College ceramics department holiday ceramics sale, including treats from the culinary department and wreaths, will take place at the Lowery Student Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tree lighting at Barra of Mendocino from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., will include live music, a sneak preview of the Nutcracker from the Mendocino Ballet, with all proceeds going to support the Willits Center for the Arts and the Spay-Neuter Assistance Program.
Fort Bragg Events:
- The annual Festival of Lights at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, will be held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday each week until December 22. This family favorite features live music, hot cocoa, and beautiful light displays in the garden each night from 5 p.m. with the last entry at 7 p.m., rain or shine. Tickets are $10 for adults and free for youth 16 years and younger.
- Fort Bragg Holiday Craft Fair runs Friday, December 6 through Sunday, December 8 at the Fort Bragg Town Hall — hours are 10 a.m to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Hometown Holiday Celebration, including the annual tree lighting, photos with Santa, the Parade of Lights, and more! From 5 pm. to 8 p.m. in downtown Ukiah, various local businesses will be holding parade viewing events and more, with food vendors, craft booths, and other activities at Alex Thomas Plaza. The Parade of Lights starts at 6 p.m.
- The Roots of Motive Power is holding their annual Holiday Express event starting at 11 a.m., with free train rides, a chance to meet Santa, holiday refreshments, a raffle, and more.
- The Mendocino County Museum will also be holding extended hours, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m, with free admission during the same time, with a free holiday craft event — plus you can check out the latest exhibit Natural Expressions, featuring art inspired by Mendocino County. The Museum is located at 400 E. Commercial Street in Willits.
- Winter Crafts Fair at the Redwood Valley Grange from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Vendors, plus “Refreshments, live music, photos with Santa and more! Donations also accepted for Toys for Tots and The Food Bank.”
- Annual tree lighting, visit with Santa, and Parade beginning with Carolers and Santa at the Guest House Museum, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., when the parade will begin.
- The 20th annual North Coast Toy Run, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., depart from Boatyard Shopping Center and end at the Inglewood Community Center followed by dinner, live music, and a raffle.
- The annual Light Parade and visit from Santa, taking place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Free community ice skating day, sponsored by Adventist Health, form 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ukiah on Ice skating rink with hot cocoa, ornament making, faceprinting, and more.
- Free entry starting at 7 a.m. for local residents — details here.
- The second annual Mendocino County Herb Guild Herbal Craft Fair, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m at the Caspar Community Center, with local vendors and free talks.
- The annual Christmas Bazaar at Harwood Hall takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with over 50 local vendors and photos with Santa.
- Celebrate the 10th annual Native American Elders Christmas Party, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., celebrating local elders at the Coyote Valley Tribal Gym.